Getting a Library Card
A library card is all you need to borrow materials from the Rocky Ford Library. It’s free and available to all local area residents. Visit the library for an application. Photo ID and proof of address are required and patrons under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian co-sign their application.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Colorado driver’s license with current address
- State ID with current address
- Current mail (postmarked within 30 days)
- Recent utility bill
Borrowing & Returning Materials
- Library materials may be borrowed for three weeks, with limits of 25 items (adults) and 10 items (ages 0-18) checked out on a patron’s card at any one time. This ensures fair access is given to all users of the library.
- Return items inside the library at the circulation desk or in the drop box in front of the library when the building is closed.
- There is a two day grace period on all materials, except interlibrary loan items. Fines for overdue items are 10¢ a day/per item (from the due date), with a $5.00 maximum per item. Patrons will be billed for lost or damaged items.
Did you know books can be borrowed from other library systems for your use? Rocky Ford Library participates in SWIFT, an interlibrary loan and courier service provided free of charge by the Colorado State Library. More than 300 public, academic, school, and special libraries from across Colorado are SWIFT members, which means greater access to books and other library materials for Rocky Ford cardholders. Submit an Interlibrary Loan/Purchase Request and we’ll do our best to borrow the item for you.
Computer & Internet Use
- Computers: The library computers and headphones are for normal use. Sessions are limited to one hour. Please be respectful.
- Printing: Black and white is 10¢ per page and color is 50¢ per page.
- Responsible use of the Internet: The library employs a filter on the Internet.